(NaturalNews) Natural nutritional elements in grape seeds offer a wide variety of antioxidant, anti-cancer and other benefits, according to the web site PDRHealth.com. A type of mixed flavonoid - proanthocyanidins - extracted from grape seeds are the essential ingredient.
Jump directly to: conventional view
| alternative view
| bottom line
What you need to know - Conventional View
• The proanthocyanidins are what's important here: They have been shown to hold antioxidant properties.
• In laboratory tests, grape seeds have been considered to have possible anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and anti-atherogenic properties.
• Lab tests suggest that the anti-cancer properties include cardioprotective (heart) properties, hepatoprotective (blood / liver) properties and capillary protective properties. Grape seeds also have, through in vitro
tests, been observed to help fight lung, breast and stomach cancers.
• Anecdotal evidence suggests that they also are useful for treating varicose veins, arthritis and some allergies.
• In other in vitro
tests, the grape seeds have been linked with helping the vascular system.
• According to PDRHealth.com, these grape seeds can be found under the brands "Proanthodyn Grape Seed Extract (Source Naturals), Activin Grape Seed Extract (Natrol), Grape Seed Power (Nature's Herbs), Grape Pips (Nutricology), Grape Seed Phytosome (Enzymatic Therapy) and Grapenol (Solaray)."
What you need to know - Alternative ViewStatements and opinions by Mike Adams
• Grape seeds contains remarkable natural medicine with greater safety and efficacy than any pharmaceutical for treating cardiovascular disorders.
• Grape seed extract is ignored by drug companies because, being a natural substance, it cannot be patented and sold for profit. But with natural health practitioners, it is well known as powerful medicine.
• Chewing grape seeds
is a natural way to consume more proanthocyanidins. Seek out grapes with seeds, and chew the seeds. (They're crunchy.)
• Isn't it interesting that our food supply has been stripped of the natural medicine in grapes through the promotion of seedless
grapes? In many grocery stores, it's impossible to find grapes with seeds
. This is what denies the public access to healing nutrients that can protect them from heart disease, cancer, inflammation and other health problems.
Resources you need to know
• The Life Extension Foundation (www.LEF.org
) is an excellent source of grape seed extract products. Also check supplements from Nature's Way, Wellness Resources (www.WellnessResources.com
) and other quality suppliers.
Bottom line• Eat your grapes - they contain antioxidant and anti-cancer properties.