(NaturalNews) The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has released the results of a national survey to determine US prevalence of heart disease. The 2005 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) study (published in 2007) is the first to collect data by state, allowing a regional analysis of heart disease prevalence and risk factors. They show that some states display much higher rates of heart disease than others (higher rates in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia, and Puerto Rico) and that education level plays a significant role in heart disease (the lower a person's education, the higher their chance of being diagnosed with heart disease).
• The term "heart disease" can refer to either myocardial infarction (MI, or "heart attack") or anginal/coronary heart disease (CHD). Between the two, heart disease has been the US's leading cause of death for 80 years.
• The direct and indirect costs associated with coronary heart disease in the US are projected to be more than $150 billion in 2007.
• The BRFSS was conducted by telephone. Respondents over the age of 18 were asked if a doctor had ever told them that they had experienced MI or CHD, and information was collected on their age, ethnicity/race, sex, education and residence location.
• 6.5 percent of respondents reported having experienced MI or CHD. Men had a significantly higher rate of occurrence than women for both conditions. The risk of heart disease increased with age and decreased with education level, and was highest among respondents of native or multiracial descent.
• The study's results may have been skewed by its reliance on land-line telephones and voluntary participation, and its exclusion of those in prisons, mental hospitals, nursing homes or other institutions.
• Heart disease remains one of the largest preventable causes of disease and death in the United States. Hundreds of thousands of patients are needlessly dying each year from a health condition that is easily prevented using natural methods.
• Conventional medicine continues to attack and criticize nearly all natural prevention or treatment protocols for heart disease, denying patients access to information about natural cures that really work.
• Heart disease is an enormous profit center for doctors, surgeons and drug companies. It is not in the financial interests of anyone in conventional medicine to actually teach prevention. Our modern "sick care" system actually depends on continued heart disease for recurring revenues and profits.
• Heart disease is caused by consuming things like fried foods, processed foods, animal fats, dairy products and avoiding exercise or smoking cigarettes. It is prevented by consuming raw foods, fresh produce, superfoods, antioxidants and engaging in regular physical exercise while avoiding environmental toxins. Heart disease is primarily a nutritional disease that can be reversed by altering dietary choices.
• Naturopathic physician Dr. Decker Weiss has helped thousands of patients reverse heart disease using safe, natural protocols requiring no drugs or surgery. He documents his clinical success and treatment strategies in The Weiss Method, a book that teaches consumers how to prevent or reverse heart disease.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com